Florida Striders Membership
The Florida Striders is a non-profit organization of running enthusiasts who love to run, race and socialize! We were founded in 1978 by a group of runners who sought to promote running for health, fun, and competition with an emphasis on fun. Our members number in the hundreds, increasing every day. We would like to invite you to join the Striders if you are currently running, have children or parents who run, or would like to start running and would enjoy some support and good company. We have many members with competitive coaching experience and we all started somewhere, so if you are thinking about joining and need a little convincing, here are some great reasons to get involved:
Weekly Training Runs. We have training runs in different parts of town and at different times of the day. The traditional 6:30 am Sunday morning run starts and finishes at the Sun Tire on Blanding Blvd in Orange Park with routes of varying distances. For a complete list of runs and contact info for Jacksonville and nearby cities go to the Training Run Schedule page.
Other Great Benefits:
- 10% discount at all 1st Place Sports locations
- 10% discount at all Jacksonville Running Company Stores
- $2.00 discount on Strider races: River Road Resolution 5k, Run to the Sun 8k, Memorial Day 5k and Hog Jog Cross-Country 5k
- The "StrideRight" newsletter mailed or emailed to you. Check out the StrideRight online.
- College scholarships for local graduating seniors.
- Supporting running programs in our local elementary schools.
- Social events including great speakers: Donna Hicken, Hal Higdon, Todd Williams and Jay Birmingham to name a few.
- Training clinics and coaching advice from experienced members.
- Private hospitality tent for Strider members at the Gate River Run with food, drink, & a great place to swap race stories.
- Electronic news flashes for the latest on upcoming events.
- FREE Member Pictures from most of our events.